The baby is 23" and weighs 9 lbs 3 oz. She has dark hair.
We arrived at the hospital at about 7:30 am. Dawn's OB was the resident on call all day, so unfortunately she was distracted by numerous c-sections which led to a slow protracted labor. Dawn's nurse had Dawn try pushing about 3:30 and was satisfied that the baby was ready to be born. We finally got all arranged and Dawn gave one push and the baby came out, caught by me.
HBG gets to meet Dawn on the outside.
E was the definitely the most excited. When I called to say we were finished, she was jumping up and down (somehow I could tell, even on the phone).
She likes sucking on things.
J enjoyed her for about 5 seconds, but we caught it on digifilm.
K behaved herself for her first greeting, although close supervision was warranted.
And our growing family.
And thus the sleepless nights, uh, continue....
15 comments:
Way to go Mama Dawn!! I'm glad everything went well. The baby is adorable. I can't believe how big she was and long!!!
Congrats! She was quite the big baby! Taller than Maggie by an inch and a half but Maggie had her by 2 oz on the weight. I hope Maggie's not always the shorter/chubbier one, I am planning on her growing at least 6 feet :) Anyway, I am sure I will get a phone call, but I wish I knew what the initials for her name stood for...or maybe her name is just initials. That is really cool Nate caught her. Luckily he's a doctor, I wouldn't have known at all what to do. We are very happy for you!
Darling baby and darling family! She looks like Kahri a little bit from what I can tell in the pictures.
By the way, I was a 9lb. 3 oz.-er! Big babies unite!
Hey, congratulations Gee family!! That sounds like an exciting delivery. Gotta say that the scrubs suit you Nathan! Now you guys are seriously outnumbered. Aaahh! Good luck!
Congrats! Glad everything went well. Did Nathan want to catch the baby, or did he have to catch the baby?
Hope she's a good sleeper. Take care
congrats Dawn You didn't have to wait until Fri. H is so cute, I can't wait to meet her. let me know if you need anything
Congratulations. Glad everything went well and she is here safely.
What a beautiful baby! And a beautiful family! Congratulations.
Congratulations to you guys and your darling growing family! Hope everyone settles in ok. She's darling!
Am I a little slow or does the baby have an actual name...just curious. You all look so great! I am so happy for you. I will give you a call in a few days!
Love ya,
Shelley
The baby has a name which you can find out when you call or e-mail. Her initials are HBG.
hooray! we're so super happy for you! Congratulations. Another beautiful child to add to your already beautiful and smart little clan. I'm so happy this pregnancy is over for you--well done!
Wow! Quite a departure from the preemies you are used to! She looks healthy and beautiful! Congratulations!
Post a Comment