Saturday, April 24, 2010
You've got to be kidding!!
The kids and I were down in our basement this afternoon cleaning up the toy room. I sent E upstairs to get an extension cord and she accidentally locked the door at the top of the basement stairs. Now, this wouldn't of been so terrible except that it locked us into the basement. Luckily we have a door from the basement that leads to the outside. No problem, just go out that door and go through one of our other doors. No such luck. I made it outside and tried both our doors. LOCKED! I went to go back downstairs and realized I have locked that door behind me! I ended up banging on the toy room window and got E to open the basement door. I went to the top of the steps to see if I could detach the door. Didn't work. I then remembered that the only window in the downstairs that I leave unlocked in the kitchen window. J got the fun experience of being lifted through the window and opening the door. I think he enjoyed that! After about 1/2 hour of trying we were out of the basement. Looking back it was funny, but just not while it was happening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too funny! I got locked out of my gargage once trying to get to work. (But I didn't have my kids to keep me company :) I did however end up hoisting myself through a window 8months pregnant. Things like this are always funny in hindsight.
Good thing kids are small enough to fit nicely through the windows. I made the mistake of locking the door behind me with the keys still inside. Never again will that happen. Thank goodness for hide-a-keys.
Post a Comment