Monday, August 2, 2010

Ocean City here we come!

On Saturday we decided to head to the beach.  Not just any beach, but it had to be at the ocean.  We made plans and headed out early in the morning for Ocean City, NJ.   It took us a lot longer to get there then planned (an extra 2 hours of traffic) but we had fun.   We were able to spend about 5 1/2 hours on the beach just playing.    Nathan, E, and J, loved playing in the waves.   H was content to sit on my lap and eventually let Nathan take her to sit by the water.  K just loved playing in the sand.  We didn't have time to really walk down the boardwalk, but it looked like it would have been a lot of fun with many stores and restaurants.

Nathan and the kids watching the waves.

E showing off a shell that she found.

K playing in the sand.
E and J playing in a big hole that they helped dig.
View from the boardwalk.


One of the many attractions on the boardwalk.


We had a fun trip. Next time (if we decided to do it again) we will be going down on a weekday when there will be less traffic :)


2 comments:

Shelley Gee said...

That sounds like such a fun day! I'm glad everyone had such a good time. I'm sure you feel the same way, but I am dying to find out what you are having :D I guess I need some new and exciting suprises in life. Hope all is well!
Love ya,

Suzette said...

Looks fun!