Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Nursingmaids Elbow anyone?


Last night Emily was playing with Kahri and dislocated her elbow (dubbed nursingmaids elbow). Kahri refused to even move her arm without crying for the next couple of hours. Nathan was on long call at the hospital and we were in the middle of a snow storm. So, what did I do? After thinking through many different options I called my friend Jana. She just happens to be a pediatric resident. She tried to talk me through reducing the dislocation, but I couldn't get it(really I had no idea what I was doing). So Jana being the great person she is drove through the storm and reduced it. Just like that, her arm was better. Amazing!
Thank you Jana for helping me out!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I HATE nursingmaids elbow!!! That happened to Lise twice and Kait once. Kait's popped back into place on the way to the doctors office, and Lise's both popped back into place while getting x-rayed. How nice of your friend to come help in the snowstorm!

Kristi said...

I dislocated Ellie's elbow once. Terry experimented (he was still in school and had heard about it but not done it) on her and popped it back into place while I was yelling at him to stop experimenting.

Katie and Eric said...

Dawn...Kahri looks so grown up. We miss seeing you guys. Also, I can't believe that Emily is already 7. Wow! How is everything going?