Monday, March 9, 2009

Come again?

For home evening we talked about how Adam was given dominion over the earth. I asked the kids what "dominion" means?

J excitedly yelled out, "Cows!!"

To his credit, we were reading from Genesis chapter 1 where it says, "and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth..."

5 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

LOL...you always wonder if they're listening and this is proof that they listen more than we give our kids credit.

Beth said...

That's great - at least he was paying attention!

Kristi said...

I am really commenting on your concert. That is funny you had the usher babysit. Is that normal?

Dawn said...

No, I called the college to ask if we could even bring a baby into the concert. They said yes, but we would have to buy a seat. Then the person I talked to suggested this. It is a very unusual thing, but worked out great. We ended up paying more in the end for babysitting, but we didn't have to leave or take care of a baby during the concert.

Yolanda said...

OH man, what a Date!?! That sounds like the kind of stuff that happens to us. Better check your tire. It may have a slow leak that is repairable now but if you wait too long could cost you a new tire. (That happened to us in Oregon.) Thanks for sharing, makes me feel better about how our dates end up.