This weekend Dawn, H, and I took a short trip to Erie, PA to attend a concert. Our trip was a lot of fun. We left shortly after 1:30 pm after I went ate lunch with J, who was the "Star of the Week" at his preschool and was able to invite a special guest to eat lunch.
Our drive to Erie was pretty uneventful until we were pulling into Erie and there was an odd sound coming from the tires. A car that pulled up next to us at a stop light informed us that the front tire was flat. We found a gas station that charged 75 cents for air. I filled up the tire and we haven't had anymore problems.
We had H with us, and she had a funny smell emanating from her carseat. She had a nice blowout. Dawn changed her while I was filled up the tire. We then scurried over to Olive Garden for a dinner for Dawn's sake. It was a crowded Friday night, but Dawn has really wanted to eat at the Olive Garden. After our meal was finally over, we quickly paid and hurried to check into our hotel, change and get to the concert.
The concert was hosted by the Mercyhurst College music department and we had made arrangements to have one of the student ushers babysit for us. The concert was great. This is a sample of the concert. The concert is titled "A Little Nightmare Music". It was their first concert in the U.S. and they debuted in Erie, PA on Friday the 13th. Appropriate.
After the concert, we were going to stop somewhere for a dessert, and decided on Dairy Queen. We drove for a while and finally found a Dairy Queen at 10:02 p.m. They must have closed at 10:00 because there were still workers inside, but nobody would answer the drive thru. Plan B was to stop by Wegman's and just buy a treat and take it to our hotel. While I was paying, I couldn't find my credit card. I had not seen it since rushing out of the Olive Garden. When I got back in the car with Dawn I asked if I had given my card to her with the receipts. She said no. We went back to the hotel and I looked through everything. No card. I called Olive Garden and asked if they had it, and they did, but they were already closed. I could pick it up in the morning at 11:00 am when they open. That wouldn't work since we had left the kids with babysitters who would want us to get home earlier than 3:30, so they obtained permission from the manager to open the door for me if I came by to get it. I was glad I didn't have to call the credit card company to suspend my card.
The next morning we decided we should get something for the kids. We were going to stop by Target to get something, but right next to the Target was a Book Outlet with 70% off of everything. It was a great find. We bought about $90 of books for around $25.
I walked into the house before Dawn. When the E saw me she was excited, jumped off the couch, and ran right past me to see where Dawn was. I guess they love their mother.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like a fun outing.
What a fun concert!!! Funny about the credit card thing...the same thing happen to me on Saturday night. The day before on Friday went to get a haircut and the gal never gave me back my card then went to go somewhere else the next day and opened my wallet and there was no card! Mine happened on Friday the 13th too!
Sounds like fun. It's nice to get away every once in awhile.
Glad to hear you two are finding a few moments to spend together during the crazy residency years!!
fun story.
Post a Comment