Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey Bowl

When I was on my mission we would play basketball every week. My companions decided that after my mission I should try out for the college football team. The following is an illustration of why they would say that.

We had our annual turkey bowl on Thanksgiving between the two wards that share our building. We played flag football and all honored the rules quite well. Toward the end my team was on the defense and I was lined up opposite one of the wide receivers (appropriate description for most turkey bowlers). He turned around for a short little pass and caught it, and I came up quickly to grab his flag. Just as I came up to him, he flipped around and his nose collided with my cheekbone. Ouch. It took me a second to clear my head, and then I noticed him on the ground, bleeding. Whoops.

Several cameras were present, but nobody quite caught the moment. I imagine it looked like this:



Our ENT resident who organized the game gave an impromptu consult on him (nobody cared about me) and decided he didn't break his nose. Hmmm, maybe next year.

1 comment:

BrianJ said...

you're vicious, Nathan.