Monday, December 8, 2008

Winning the war, but losing the battle.


The house painting project is finally finished (at least close enough to say it is finished). It was actually finsihed about a month ago, but it took this long to recover from the wounds of my defeat in the last battle.

I had a small portion of house to paint that is only accessible from a lower level a roof, and which required a ladder.





Using a ladder worked well, until the very last spot, which required me placing the ladder in a less than desirable position as seen here:





I know what you are thinking: That poor combination of small normal force and low coefficient of static friction is a recipe for disaster. Dawn happened to be talking to me as we made plans on how we would celebrate the victory, when something like this happened:














Next thing Dawn knew, I looked like this.




Dawn was a little unnerved. I couldn't stop laughing. My wrist hurt for the next several weeks. I finally recovered, and now the house is done.

Note: No animals or people were injured in the recreation of this accident.

1 comment:

Al said...

I have not laughed that hard in a long time.
I'm glad you're alright!
:D